In order to create a quote for a website translation project, a series of tasks and metrics are required to build the quote and determine website translation costs:
- Common metrics used for actual translations, or as the trade calls it, Translation-editing-proofing (TEP), are typically per word.
- Desktop publishing (formatting) costs can be calculated per hour or per page.
- Graphic localization (text inside graphics) costs can be calculated per hour.
- Translation companies should also include a glossary development step and project management fee.
- Multilingual website design can be calculated per hour.
- Cultural Correctness Assessments/Customizations can be calculated per hour.
- Engineering can be calculated per hour.
- Basic Website QA/ Testing can be calculated per hour.
- Internationalization, Localization and/or Functionality Testing can be calculated per hour.
- SEO: Country Specific Search Engine Optimization can be calculated per hour.
Of course the cost for technical translations would be priced differently than copy writing or transcreation translation for marketing content. The steps below cover the basics for a website translation quote